We are proud of our school, and we are pleased to have you become part of our community of learners.


To enroll at Kearney High School please complete the Release of Student Records and the KPS Home Language Survey  and email them to jealightle@kearneycats.com . A parent or legal guardian must sign all registration forms. The release will be sent to your child’s previous school to obtain official records. These include:


  • A copy of your child's birth certificate
  • Immunization records
  • Official transcript
  • Report card for incoming 9th graders
  • Most recent IEP (If applicable)
If the school is unable to provide the first two items above, the parent/legal guardian may submit these. All other documents MUST come officially from the school. Once the counseling office has received all necessary records, we will contact a parent/guardian to set up an enrollment appointment. Kearney Public Schools requires proof of residency (POR) in order to enroll. This can be a piece of mail from a company, rental/lease agreement or driver’s license; it cannot be a handwritten letter. We will need all of the additional registration forms below completed and brought to the school along with your POR for your child’s scheduled appointment at which time a parent/guardian and the student will sit down to build a schedule with their KHS Counselor. To view courses that KHS offers please see the KHS Course Description Guide.


If you have any questions please contact the KHS Counseling Office at 308-698-8073 or by email jealightle@kearneycats.com



KHS Enrollment Office 9-12
Jeanne Lightle, Registrar
2702 W 11th St
Kearney, NE 68847
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Summer Hours
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mrs. Zimmerman  (A-D)
Mrs. Ferguson  (E-K)
Mrs. Boyd  (L-Ro)
Mrs. Holoubeck (Ro-Z)
Not a parent or legal guardian? A Power of Attorney form can be found below. Any Power of Attorney form can be used but it MUST be NOTARIZED.